- Every time you burn your candle be sure to allow the melt pool to reach the jar, this will encourage a full, clean burn all the way to the bottom of the jar.
- Do not burn for longer than 4 hours.
- Trim the wick to 5mm before each burn.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Keep candles out of reach of children & pets.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that might catch fire.
- Do not touch the candle when it is lit - the jar can get very hot!
- If your candle stars to flicker or smoke, blow it out, let it cool down & trim the wick.
- Keep the wax pool free of any debris.
- Only burn your candle on a level, heat resistant surface.
How long will the candle burn for?
Regular 25 - 30 hours
Large 55 - 60 hours
Medium 35 - 40 hours
X Large 90 - 100 hours
Roughly 70 hours of burn time per bar.
Can I sell your candles in my shop?
For sure! I'm always open to new wholesale accounts, simply shoot me over an email & I'll get back in touch with my wholesale info.
I get asked this all the time. There isn't a super deep meaning behind it - if I'm honest it's just because I love Otters! They're super cute and playful & so intelligent. I love animals, and when I was trying to think of a name for my little company I was gravitating around animals & when I eventually landed on Otter I just thought it sounded really sweet & so I ran with it!
Can I re-use the jar?
Absolutely! The jars we use are completely re-usable & it's super easy to clean them out so you can use them however you please! As long as you've allowed your candle to burn correctly you should only have a little bit of wax left at the bottom of the jar. To remove this wax simply pour boiling water into the jar & leave for a little while. the wax will melt & move to the top, once the water has cooled you will be able to remove the leftover wax. After this simply wash out the jar with hot soapy water.
Are your products vegan friendly?
Yes! All products produced by Otter are, we only use ingredients that are vegan & cruelty free. In addition to that, all products in our curated gift boxes are also vegan friendly.